Sears Typography –
- We have recently added a page devoted to Sears typography used for both desktop and mobile. This page features font downloads, title sizing guides, and a common pairings guide. In addition, you can find information on text colors as well as accessibility rules.
- Please note that Kmart Typography is currently being worked on.
Adobe CC Library: no updates at this time
Axure Widget Library:
||10/19/16||UXA Discipline Guide|
||10/19/16 (v2.5)||UXA Discipline Guide|
CodePens on Pattern Library Pattern Pages
CodePen is a place to create and share code demos, and FED is using it to make individual pattern demos that are interactive and can be embedded on SPL pattern pages.
- Many pattern pages now have CodePens. For example, the Buttons page: http://searspatternlibrary.com/pattern-detail-pages/buttons/.
- You can interact with a functional demo of the pattern and also toggle the HTML tab to view code.
- Important: The code in these modules is copied directly from the current production version of Enterprise. (The Developer Guide might have a more recent – but unreleased – version, and might appear different.) Please read the info in the tooltip in the pens for disclaimers.
Developer Guide – About
The Developer Guide and Pattern Library are two sides of a coin. The Developer Guide reflects the latest Enterprise development efforts. It is generated directly by the enterprise code library – you are seeing the visual output of what powers Enterprise across our (IMX) sites. When a new release is in development, what you find on the Dev Guide may vary from what is on prod. It might be unstable – check with the Enterprise Dev team if you’re a developer and unsure which version to use. Prod will always use the latest stable version.
Developer Guide – New things to check out
- The version of Enterprise you see on the Dev Guide is noted in section 1. See screenshot.
- If you want to see a different version of Enterprise – for example, whichever version is being used on prod – simply substitute the version number in place of the word ‘styleguide’ in the URL. See screenshot.
- The left nav has been updated to more closely match the navigation of the Pattern Library site. Not an exact match, but much more similar.
Process – “How can I can get a pattern updated or created?”
- Added this information to “Our Process” Page as a response to internal feedback.
- Sharing this is part of our ongoing efforts to improve communication, transparency, and feedback channels.